The Winnipeg Covenant Church was the first Evangelical Covenant church in Canada, founded in 1904 by a group of Swedish immigrants. This church existed for more than 80 years. Eventually the decision was made to close the doors of the church with the plan to re-plant a a new Covenant church at a future time.
In 1990 Jeff and Darlene Anderson moved with their family from Nelson, B.C. to begin the work of planting the church, then known as Companion Community Church. In 1998 Companion Community Church joined together with Family Fellowship Bible Church with a desire for a more significant ministry in the community. The new congregation born from the joining of these two was named Faith Covenant Church.
In 2000 Jeff Anderson resigned as senior pastor of FCC to become the superintendent for the denomination of the Evangelical Covenant Church of Canada. Gerald Froese then served the FCC community as pastor until 2006 - this was a season of much growth for Faith Covenant.
Erik Anderson took up the lead pastor role in 2006, serving along with the rest of the current pastoral team. In these recent years the community of FCC has seen exciting change and growth. The Faith family moved to the Beaumont neighborhood of Winnipeg in 2003, in 2008 they purchased the building at 1229 Windermere which they had been leasing.
In 2012 FCC commissioned Pastor Gavin Jensen along with a core group of people to plant a church in Winnipeg's West End. Holy Community Covenant Church has continued to grow and put down roots in their community.
We continue to seek out taking the next step together in our lives, our neighbourhood, our city, and our world....